Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 September 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, September 13, 2018.
11. M&A – Breaking News: Bomgar is acquiring BeyondTrust, a provider of Privilege-Centric Security, from an affiliate of Veritas Capital, the parties confirmed this morning. The combined company, which will be called BeyondTrust, brings together proven innovators with a shared mission of securing privileged access and helping customers to defend themselves from cyber-attacks while increasing productivity, the two companies say. We’ll share more details on MSSP Alert soon.
10. State By State Data Breach Guide: Digital Guardian has created an in-depth state-by-state guide to U.S. data breach laws.
9. DDoS Attack Research: The average DDoS attack quintupled in size to more than 26 Gbps and the maximum attack size quadrupled to 359 Gbps compared to the same period last year, according to Nexusguard’s “Q2 2018 Threat Report.” IoT botnets and Satori malware exploits, which is a variant of the notorious Mirai malware, drove the rise, Nexusguard says.
8. Lenovo Security: The PC giant has unveiled ThinkShield by Lenovo. The initiative is designed to secure Lenovo devices through their entire lifecycle, the company says.
7. Tenable, ServiceNow Integration: Tenable has unveiled new and updated integrations with ServiceNow. The connections are designed to streamline and accelerate the management, measurement and reduction of cyber risk, Tenable says.
6. Business Momentum: Webroot‘s annual recurring revenue (ARR) rose 12 percent for the fiscal for its fiscal year ending on June 30, 2018. That marks the company’s 18th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth, Webroot says.
5. Managed Security Analytics: Gurucul has unveiled Gurucul Labs, a managed security analytics service based on the Gurucul Risk Analytics (GRA) platform. it provides the data science expertise many organizations lack to operationalize their investments in behavior based security analytics, Gurucul asserts. We’re checking to see if the service is multi-tenant for potential MSP and MSSP adoption.
4. Cybersecurity Maturity Model: Secureworks, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017 and 2018, has unveiled the Secureworks Security Maturity Model, a “pragmatic methodology that organizations of all sizes can use to evaluate their level of cybersecurity maturity relative to inherent risk,” the company asserts.
3. Expansion – SOCs & Threat Hunting: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017 and 2018, has unveiled the Trustwave SpiderLabs Fusion Center. The cybersecurity command center leverages “actionable threat intelligence” to track threat actors, detect them with their clients, and instantly kill those threats inside an organization down to individual endpoints, the company asserts. The 6,000 square foot center, located in Chicago, is the central hub for Trustwave’s global network of 10 Advanced Security Operation Centers (ASOCs).
2. Hurricane Florence: ChannelE2E has complete ongoing coverage here.
1. Top 100 MSSPs for 2018: The new list and research will surface today during our MSSP Alert Webcast. Join us.