Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Research – Top 5 Cybersecurity Spending Trends: The top five cybersecurity buying trends involve identity management, vulnerability management, email security, data protection and cloud security, according to research from Momentum Cyber and Optiv Security, a perennial Top 100 MSSP.
2. M&A – Identity and Access Management: HID Global, an Austin, Texas-based provider of trusted identity solutions, has acquired HydrantID, a Salt Lake City, Utah-based provider of management and automation services.
4. Web Browser Security: Malwarebytes has launched Browser Guard, a free browser extension that will safeguard consumers from scammers, and allow them to browse up to four times faster, the company claims.
6. Cybersecurity and U.S. Federal Contractors: Contractors will soon have to get cyber certified to do business with the Defense Department. But there’s early concern that the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification framework would block DOD’s efforts to leverage startups, according to Federal Computer Week.
7. EU Data Privacy: The European Union’s antitrust chief called for more rules to rein in how companies collect and use information, offering the first clues into how she may use new powers to target big technology firms, Bloomberg reports.
8. Mobile Phone Vulnerability: AdaptiveMobile Security has uncovered sophisticated hacking attacks on mobile phones. The attacks involve the so-called Simjacker vulnerability, the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Fortinet Partner Program: Corsa Security has joined the Fortinet Technology Alliance Partner program. The relationship will allow partners and customers to scale traffic inspection capacity while maintaining network throughput performance, even with full SSL/TLS visibility enabled, the companies assert.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.