Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday morning, February 14, 2019.
8. Apple iPhone Malware: Software pirates are distributing hacked versions of Spotify, Angry Birds, Pokemon Go, Minecraft and other popular apps on iPhones, Reuters has found.
7. Strategic Alliances: Awake Security has launched a technology alliance program that features Carbon Black, Demisto, Gigamon, Ixia and Splunk. These partners join a growing list of companies integrating their cybersecurity solutions with Awake’s network security platform to streamline analyst workflows and strengthen the security posture of mutual customers, Awake asserts.
6. Partner Program Part One: The Kenna Security Partner Program has been updated to help channel partners monetize the company’s risk-based vulnerability management platform.
5. Partner Program Part Two: Tenable more than doubled its Cyber Exposure Ecosystem in 2018, including 43 new or enhanced technology integrations and 20 new integration partners. The ecosystem now supports 50 integrations and 39 technology partners, Tenable says.
4. Distribution – Data Loss Prevention: DataSolutions has agreed to distribute Safetica’s data loss prevention (DLP) software in the UK and Ireland. DataSolutions is spending about £220,000 (about US$282,000) to secure the exclusive distribution rights and to ramp up its marketing, sales and technical support for the product.
3. CyberArk Financial Results: CyberArk, a provider of privileged access security solutions, disclosed these Q4 2018 financial results:
- Revenue was $109.1 million, up 36 percent compared to Q4 2017.
- GAAP net income was $24.2 million, up sharply from $3.6 million in Q4 2017.
- Generally speaking, the results exceeded Wall Street’s expectations.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.