Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, March 14, 2018:
16. Encryption: Equinix has launched Equinix SmartKey, a global key management and encryption Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. It’s designed to simplify data protection across any cloud or destination, the company claims.
15. Breach: The Port of Longview in Washington state was recently victimized by a cyber attack that may have affected hundreds of past and current employees and dozens of vendors, according to The Daily News. The FBI notified the port of the attack on Feb. 1, according to an internal memo obtained Monday by The Daily News.
14. Healthcare Attacks: The infamous PlugX malware has been detected in pharmaceutical organizations in Vietnam, aimed at stealing drug formulas and business information, Kaspersky Lab researchers say.
13. Cryptocurrency Ad Ban, Standards: Google will ban advertisements for cryptocurrencies and related content starting in June. While many cryptocurrency companies are legitimate, regulators and social media companies are scramble to address cryptocurrency-related fraud worldwide.
12. Crypto-Asset Security: The world’s financial leaders will call on international standard-setting bodies on March 20 for stronger monitoring of crypto-assets and to assess the need for a multilateral response as such assets could at some point threaten financial stability. Reuters says.
11. Cloud Email Security: BluVector has introduced Office 365 and Google Mail security features. The offering is designed to help mid- to large-sized organizations detect file-based and fileless malware attacks through their cloud-based email services, the company says.
Continue page two for items 10 to 1.