Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, July 15, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. U.S. Mayors vs. Ransomware: The United States Conference of Mayors stands united against paying ransoms in the event of an IT security breach, according to a statement from the organization.
2. Warning – DNS Security: The United Kingdom’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has released an advisory about an ongoing Domain Name System (DNS) hijacking campaign, The U.S. Department of Homeland Security warns.
3. Cyber Insurance Tips: Here are four timely cyber insurance tips from a lawyer in the know…
5. Talent: Avast is hiring Jaya Baloo as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), effective October 1, 2019. She has held key posts at KPN (the telecommunications carrier in the Netherlands), Verizon and France Telecom.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Microsoft Cybersecurity Partner Strategy: It’s safe to expect updates from this week’s Microsoft Inspire 2019 conference in Las Vegas. MSSPs, in particularly, should track Microsoft Azure Sentinel — a cloud-based SIEM platform from the technology giant.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.