Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Private Equity and Cybersecurity Consulting: BGH Capital, a private equity firm, has rolled 12 cybersecurity consulting companies into a single firm called CyberCX. The Australia-based rollup includes firms formerly known as Alcorn, Assurance, Asterisk, CQR, Diamond, Enosys, Klein&Co., Phriendly Phishing, Sense of Security, Shearwater, TSS and YellIT. More acquisitions are expected.
2. Endpoint Security and SIEM: Elastic has launched Elastic Endpoint Security, based on the recent Endgame acquisition. The move combines SIEM and endpoint security, the company says.
3. Symantec Endpoint Overhaul: Symantec has launched with Symantec Endpoint Security (SES), which now delivers protection, detection and response in a single solution, as well as new attack surface reduction, threat hunting, and breach assessment and prevention capabilities, the company asserts.
4. Cloud-based Security: Forcepoint has expanded the company’s global cloud infrastructure to enable enterprises and government agencies to securely access web-based content whether they are in the office, at a remote location or on the road, the company says.
5. Network Audit Software: Opmantek Software has launched Open-AudIT Cloud, a SaaS-based network auditing solution.
6. Talent – CISO: Equinix has hired Digital Realty veteran Michael Montoya as CISO.
7. Industrial Security: Forescout Technologies has upgraded its SilentDefense platform for industrial control security. A new Asset Risk Framework has a central dashboard scoreboard to help users determine their current security risk exposure, identify assets that have a high potential of being attacked and enable engineers to take action on the assets that need attention, the company says.
8. Update – California Privacy Laws: California’s data breach notification law will extend to cover passports and biometric data in January 2020.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- RSA Conference USA 2020 (February 24-28, 2020, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.