Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 July 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, July 16, 2018.
6. Crypto Security: Global regulators have published a framework for “vigilantly” monitoring risks from crypto assets like bitcoin and ether, even though they don’t pose a major risk to financial stability for now, this report says.
5. Cyber Training: Decatur Marine Audit & Survey has launched a maritime cybersecurity computer based training (CBT) program, MarineLog reports.
4. Later This Week: Aspen Security Forum 2018 kicks off later this week in Aspen, Colorado. We’ll be watching closely for Homeland Security-related news.
3. Next Week: The Asia Pacific and Japan edition of RSA Conference is next week. Got news to share? Please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
2. Major Cyber Warning: Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats has raised the alarm on growing cyberattack threats against the United States, saying the situation is at a “critical point” and coming out forcefully against Russia, CNN reports. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
1. BT vs. Fortinet: BT, a Top 100 MSSP, has accused cybersecurity software developer Fortinet of infringing five patents relating to network security, WIPR reports. We’re poking around for more details.