Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Incident Response Services: : NTT Security, a Top 100 MSSP, has has earned CREST accreditation for its incident response services.
2. Talent: CynergisTek, an MSSP focused on the health care industry, has named IBM veteran Caleb Barlow to the president and CEO posts — succeeding Mac McMillan on August 1, 2019. McMillan is set to retire.
3. Talent – SOC as a Service: Chris Gebhardt has joined StratoZen as VP of operations for the company’s SOC-as-a-Service (SOCaaS) and SIEM support teams.
4. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): FireEye has launched two new managed detection and response (MDR) service offerings. They include:
- FireEye Managed Defense Nights and Weekends delivers off hours threat protection for organizations looking to gain 24×7 coverage without additional staffing overhead and is ideal for enterprises with 8×5 security operations centers (SOC), the company says.
- FireEye Managed Defense for Endpoint Security combines the real-time detection capabilities of FireEye Endpoint Security, with one-click containment and alert management, hunting, investigation and response provided by Managed Defense, offering a comprehensive Managed Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solution, the company adds.
We’re checking to see if the FireEye service has a reseller component or co-managed services for MSSPs and MSPs.
5. SIEM for Small Business: Exabeam has launched SaaS Cloud Essential, a SIEM (security information and event management) cybersecurity service designed for small and midsize businesses.
6. Penetration Testing – Government: Synack has launched a crowdsourced penetration test designed specifically for government, by offering a bug bounty-based vulnerability discovery model coupled with NIST 800-53 guidelines.
7. Funding: DefenseStorm, a provider of cloud-based cybersecurity and cyber compliance management solutions for banks and credit unions, has raised $15 million in Series A funding. The round was led by Georgian Partners.
8. Zero Trust Network as a Service: Perimeter 81 has launched Zero Trust Application Access. The service provides fully secured, isolated and agentless access to an organization’s web applications, secure shell (SSH), remote desktop (RDP), virtual network computing (VNC) and Telnet in an emulated way, the company says.
9. Symantec Offerings: Symantec has launched new cybersecurity solutions that address SaaS application security, IaaS application security, Web and Internet security and email security.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Master MSSP Services: Collabrance, a GreatAmerica IT company and Top 100 MSSP, has announced a new Collabrance Master MSSP Offering for MSPs. It’s designed to “provide end-user customers with the different cyber security components they seek, and help progressive solution providers differentiate in the IT channel,” Collabrance says.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.