Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, March 16, 2018:
5. Cryptocurrency Raids: Prosecutors last month raided three cryptocurrency exchanges in South Korea’s capital, after a January 2018 government investigation revealed that a portion of customers’ assets had been transferred to private bank accounts belonging to top managers at the exchanges, The Wall Street Journal asserts.
4. Chrome Enterprise: Google has introduced new security and IT management features for Chrome Enterprise, essentially helping businesses to lock down devices running ChromeOS. The effort includes new relationships with Cisco Meraki, Citrix XenMobile, IBM MaaS360 and ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus. Google has an existing integration with VMware AirWatch.
3. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Unified access management specialist OneLogin has unveiled OneLogin Access — a new product that allows companies of any size to manage access for on-premise and cloud-based applications with a single Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) solution.
2. Thank You: To the MSPs and MSSPs who attended our MSP-to-MSSP roadmap webcast yesterday. Special thanks to guest speaker Eric Dosal, CEO of Compuquip Cybersecurity. Grab It On Demand: If you missed the live webcast you can see and hear it on demand right here.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our 2018 survey is now open. Participate now and your company could be honored as a Top 100 MSSP when we unveil results in September 2018.