Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cloudflare IPO – Partners Missing: Cloudflare launched a very successful IPO last week. But let’s not forget: Only 9 percent of the cloud security company’s revenues come from channel partners, according to an SEC filing in August 2019.
2. North Korean Hackers: The United States Treasury Department on September 13 announced sanctions against three state-sponsored North Korean hacking groups for conducting several destructive cyberattacks on US critical infrastructure, The Hacker News reports.
3. Pennsylvania Ransomware Attack: Ransomware shut down Souderton Area School District’s network the first week of school, prompting a response by the FBI, Secret Service and Homeland security, according to a local news report.
4. Penetration Testing – Hacker Pleads Guilty: Details are here.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.