Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 December 2018
Welcome to page two of two. Here are items 10 to 1.
10. Talent – CISO: Healogics, a provider of advanced chronic wound care services, has hired David Jollow as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO. He reports to CIO Ty Smith. Jollow previously was CISO at Nemours Children’s Health System.
9. Talent: JASK, which develops an Autonomous Security Operations Center (ASOC) platform, has made three key executive move:
- Mark Boullie joins as chief revenue officer (CRO). He is responsible for the company’s global enterprise and channel sales teams and other customer-facing aspects of the company, such as business development, customer success and overall revenue operations.
- Monte Sjobakken joins as VP of business development. He is responsible for JASK’s global MSSP, system integration and technical alliance partnership strategies. He previously held key posts at Carbon Black, Global Technology Resources, Citadel Security (acquired by McAfee) and Juniper Networks.
- Tom Mitchell joins as VP of sales, West: He previously held key roles at Tanium, FireEye, Bromium, McAfee and ArcSight.
8. Partnership – SIEM: Corelight and Exabeam have inked a strategic partnership that combines network security monitoring (NSM) with behavior analytics and automated incident response capabilities. The combined solution integrates Corelight Sensor data with the Exabeam Security Management Platform. The result: Joint customer can more easily detect, investigate and respond to increasingly advanced threats, the companies claim.
7. Partnership – Incident Response: Drawbridge Partners and CrowdStrike are partnering to provide incident response and proactive services within the Drawbridge Partners Cybersecurity offering. We’ll share more details soon.
6. Partner Program: Netwrix, provider of a visibility platform for data security and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, has launched a Partner Sales Certification Program. The program is designed to train VARs, MSPs and distributors to show customers the value of the Netwrix Auditor platform.
5. Vulnerability Management – ServiceNow: RiskSense has updated its risk-based vulnerability prioritization and management platform, including a deep integration with ServiceNow. The RiskSense update features automated vulnerability updates and findings, support for sophisticated workflows, and ease of communicating and validating IT remediation priorities between the security and IT operations teams, the company says.
4. SOAR Offer: DFLabs has unveiled IncMan SOAR Community Edition (IncMan CE), a free version of its Security Orchestration, Automation and Response platform that allows organizations to test and experience the automated incident response in pre-production environments, the company says.
3. Funding – Container Security: Tigera, a startup that offers security and compliance solutions for Kubernetes container deployments, has raised $30 million in Series B funding.
2. Initial Public Offering – Ping?: Identity and Access Management (IAM) vendor Ping Identity is exploring a potential IPO. Private equity firm Vista Equity currently owns a major stake in the company.
1. Virtual CISO Services: Cylance has launched a virtual chief information security officer (vCISO) service, a staff augmentation service that aligns with the company’s AI-driven cybersecurity software. BlackBerry is in the process of finalizing the Cylance buyout.