Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 April 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, April 18, 2018. By the way, most of the chatter comes from RSA Conference 2018 in San Francisco.
7. Microsoft Azure Cloud Security: Gigamon has launched GigaSECURE Cloud for Microsoft Azure. It’s designed for enterprise customers with mission-critical applications deployed in Azure. It enables organizations to acquire, optimize and distribute selected traffic to security and monitoring tools, the company says.
6. Partnership: Carbon Black has expanded its relationship with IBM Security. The evidence: Carbon Black’s software will be part of the newly launched IBM X-Force Threat Management Services. Fortinet announced a similar IBM relationship earlier this week.
5.Talent: MegaplanIT, an MSSP, has hired Qualys veteran Mark Butler as senior VP and CISO.
4. SIEM: Seceon has launched aiSIEM, a “modern adaptation” to security information and event management (SIEM), the company claims.
3. Threat Hunting: AlienVault has launched a free threat-scanning service. It’s free to registered users of the Open Threat Exchange (OTX). We’ll share more details later today.
2. Cyber Consulting: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP, has unveiled a new cybersecurity consulting practice. Through the new Detection, Analytics and Response Consulting (DARC) practice, Trustwave partners with enterprises to plan, build and optimize threat detection and response operations, the MSSP says.
1. RSA Conference News: Stay tuned to our ongoing hour-by-hour coverage of RSA Conference 2018.