Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Samsung Security Patch: Samsung Electronics will issue a software update early next week to address a major security vulnerability that’s emerged on the company’s flagship Galaxy smartphones, Bloomberg reports.
2. Talent: CyberX, an IoT and industrial control system (ICS) security company, has named former CyberArk Chief Revenue Officer Ron Zoran to its board of directors.
2. Election Security: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) has released the Security Best Practices for Non-Voting Election Technology Guide. The guide is designed to assist elections officials with non-voting technology security.
3. Ominous Warning: Salesforce Co-CEO Marc Benioff told business journalists this week that it was time to apply much stronger controls to social media, artificial intelligence and other technologies, The Wall Street Journal reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- NEW: PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.