Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 July 2019
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, July 19, 2018.
5. Talent: Avast has made multiple hires and promotions to bolster its SMB software business. The names to know include VP of Engineering Vita Santrucek; Director of Product Management Arne Uppheim; and Director of Avast Business Operations Ashley Isaak — who leads all aspects of project management, business processes, analytics, and sales operations for the Avast Business product portfolio and global channel partner program.
4. IBM Momentum: IBM’s latest quarterly revenues and profits beat Wall Street’s expectations. Revenue for Q2 2018 was $20 billion, or roughly $120 million higher than expected. Cybersecurity revenues rose more than 80 percent to hit $1 billion in the quarter.
3. Cyber Staffing: IT staffing firm Softworld has launched Pelta Cyber Security — a new business division led by a team of Fortune 50 security industry experts. Pelta Cyber Security provides consultative and security monitoring services for commercial enterprise as well as public sector customers.
2. Partnership – IAM: Duo Security and CyberArk have partnered to integrate privileged account management and cybersecurity…
1. M&A – Zero Trust: Okta has acquired ScaleFT, the Zero Trust security company. We’ll share more details soon.