Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Security Awareness: SoSafe has raised $73 million in Series B funding led by Highland Europe. Existing investors Acton Capital, Global Founders Capital and multiple tech industry luminaries joined the round.
2. MSSP Staffing Services: Halexo has launched IT, NOC, DevOps, and Software Development staffing solutions for MSPs and MSSPs.
3. Cyber Talent: TD SYNNEX has launched the Passage Program, a professional service for current partners. Delivered through the TD SYNNEX Cyber Range, the program is designed to help bridge the growing cybersecurity skills gap through development of upcoming and established cybersecurity professionals.
4. Talent – Application Protection: PerimeterX has named AJ Stahl, chief revenue officer (CRO); Raymond Lim, chief financial officer (CFO); Doug Jones, SVP of corporate development and strategic alliances; and Mark Whitehead, SVP of service delivery.
5. Managed Identity Services: Simeio experienced a 55 percent increase in new client acquisition in 2021. Sales bookings increased exponentially by 74 percent in its existing geographies, including North America, the UK, and Europe, driving 35 percent higher EBITDA than projected. Still, actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosure.