Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Botnet Exploits Microsoft Exchange Vulnerabilities: Cybereason shares details here.
2. Funding – Security Operations Center (SOC) Platform: CYREBRO, launched by CyberHat, has raised $15 million in Series B funding, led by Prytek, with participation from InCapital, Mizrahi Bank, and previous investor, Mangrove.
3. Funding – Cybersecurity Software: Deep Instinct has raised $100 million in Series D funding. This round was led by funds and accounts managed from BlackRock, with participation from Untitled Investments, The Tudor Group, an investment by Anne Wojcicki, and existing investors, including Millennium, Unbound, and Coatue Management, among others.
4. Global Expansion – Cloud-based SIEM: Sumo Logic‘s Cloud SIEM solution is now available in Australia. The cloud-based SIEM (security information and event management) platform will also launch in Japan and India in late summer, Sumo Logic says.
5. Sophos Firewall Appliances: Sophos has unveiled new XGS Series firewall appliances that feature Transport Layer Security (TLS) inspection, including native support for TLS 1.3, that is “up to five times faster than other models available on the market today,” the company asserts.
6. Partnership – Threat Intelligence: Recorded Future‘s third-party risk scoring and contextual risk rules will now be integrated into CyberGRX Exchange platform. The result: CyberGRX users can gain a “more comprehensive understanding of each of their third party’s security posture in real time,” the companies say.
7. U.S. Government vs. Ransomware: The Justice Department has formed a task force to curtail the proliferation of ransomware cyberattacks, in a bid to make the popular extortion schemes less lucrative by targeting the entire digital ecosystem that supports them, The Wall Street Journal reports.
8. SonicWall Zero-Day Vulnerabilities: SonicWall has issued Email Security patches to address Zero-Day vulnerabilities. The CISA also offers a this summary of the SonicWall email security patches.
9. Ransomware Attacks Hoya: A group of hackers executed a ransomware attack on Hoya Corp, marking the second successful attack suffered by the Japanese firm in two years, Bloomberg reports.
10. Talent – Email Security: Abnormal Security, a provider of cloud-native email security, has named Mike Britton as chief information security officer.
11. M&A – Digital Forensics: Rapid7 has acquired Velociraptor, an open source digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) framework.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar