Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 October 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, October 22, 2018.
6. Facebook Acquiring Cybersecurity Firm?: That’s the rumor.
5. Healthcare.gov Breached: The Affordable Care Act’s federal exchange system for insurance was breached and about 75,000 consumer files compromised, The Wall Street Journal reports.
4. Breach Disclosures & Compliance: Banks and financial institutions in the Philippines are now required to report security breaches within two hours of detection, according to PhilStar Global.
3. Yale Breach Lawsuit: Yale University faces two lawsuits related to a 2008 breach, according to Security Today.
1. Conference: Secureworks Access 2018, a new cybersecurity conference, kicks off this week in Atlanta. Stay tuned for updates.