Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 July 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. IT Monitoring – NIST Seeks Feedback: The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST’s) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has released new draft project description Continuous Monitoring for IT Infrastructure. NIST is seeking feedback on this draft to help refine the challenge and scope. The comment period is open through Friday, July 26, 2019.
2. Government SIEM: Multiple Exabeam products have been approved for Data Protection Management (Phase IV) of the Department of Homeland Security’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program’s Approved Products List.
3. Talent – SMB Security: Avast has named Vita Santrucek as general manager of Avast Business effective immediately. Santrucek joins the Avast executive leadership team and will focus on the company’s network security product and services portfolio, first launched earlier in 2019, Santrucek joined Avast in 2018 as VP of engineering.
4. Cyber Breach Costs: The cost of a data breach has risen 12 percent over the past 5 years1 and now costs $3.92 million on average, according to new IBM Security research report.
5. U.S. National Security Agency: The NSA will create a cybersecurity directorate later this year as part of a wider effort to align the agency’s offensive and defensive operations more closely, The Wall Street Journal reports.
6. Cybersecurity Education: Digital Defense will offer a range of educational materials The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Department of Computer Science.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Mobile & Cyber Services: Synnex and Westcon-Comstor are taking additional steps to distribute BlackBerry’s Enterprise Mobility Suite. The effort includes recruitment for the BlackBerry Enterprise Partner Program and the BlackBerry Cylance Partner Program.
2. Cloud Distribution – Network Security: Ingram Micro Cloud has agreed to distribute Perimeter 81‘s software-defined network security solutions.
3. Risk Management: ZeroNorth and CyberProof are partnering to promote solutions and services for managing risk across applications and infrastructure.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.