Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, May 23, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. How to Monetize Managed Security: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s webcast today. Register now to join us.
2, Energy Industry Security: Siemens and Chronicle, an Alphabet company, are partnering to protect the energy industry’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks. The combined offering, leveraging Chronicle Backstory and Siemens industrial cyber security expertise, “gives energy customers unparalleled visibility across information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) to provide operational insights and confidentially act on threats,” the two companies claim.
3. Huawei – Rip and Replace?: A U.S. Senate bill floated Wednesday aims to help U.S. networks extract equipment made by Huawei, setting aside $700 million to subsidize the overhaul amid escalating fears about the Chinese telecom giant’s business and security practices, Law360 reports. Huawei has repeatedly dismissed such concerns. See complete Huawei international sanction coverage here.
4. Cloud Security: Tripwire has upgraded Cloud Management Assessor (CMA), which can assess cloud assets for publicly exposed data and secure configurations. The platform now supports Salesforce.com, in addition to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform subscription accounts and cloud storage, Tripwire says.
5. Remote Access & Security: TeamViewer has released a new integration with Sophos Mobile. Administrators can initiate remote support sessions from within the Sophos Mobile platform to troubleshoot issues on a variety of endpoints, the companies say.
6. Funding – Threat Hunting: Hunters.AI has received $5.4 million in seed funding. The company’s technology helps customers to detect, identify and remediate sophisticated cyberattacks targeting their cloud, hybrid and enterprise environments. YL Ventures and Blumberg Capital led the round.
B. Cybersecurity and MSSP Partner Programs
2. Top 100 MSSP Partnership: Sure, a telecommunications provider serving the Channel Islands and Isle of Man (CIIOM), has agreed to offer Trustwave Managed Security Services and other cybersecurity solutions. Trustwave is a Top 100 MSSP.
3. All Partner Programs: Visit the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database to see and search through hundreds of partner programs.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Objective By the Sea 2019 – Apple Mac Security Conference (June 1-2)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.