Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, May 24,
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIEM: SolarWinds has launched Security Event Manager (SEM), a SIEM solution is designed to help IT and security professionals strengthen their security posture by providing increased visibility into cybersecurity activity, the company says. The product succeeds the former SolarWinds Log and Event Manager. We’re checking to see if or how SolarWinds SEM is related to SolarWinds Threat Monitor.
2. Ransomware Targets Banks: The number of ransomware attack notifications received by the Beazley Breach (BBR) Services team doubled in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the corresponding quarter in 2018. Not only has the frequency of attacks skyrocketed, but attackers are shifting focus, targeting larger organizations and demanding higher ransom payments, the company says.
3. Data Breach Lawsuit: A pair of ABB employees are trying to bring a class action complaint against the Swiss industrial manufacturer, alleging that a massive data breach compromised personal data for thousands of people participating in its health benefits plan, Triangle Business Journal reports.
6. Security Operations Centers – United Kingdom: The UK is preparing to invest 22 million pounds, the equivalent of almost $28 million, to open new cyber operation centers, the company says.
B. Cybersecurity and MSSP Partner Programs
1. Updates Welcome: Got something to share? Send me your partner program updates – [email protected].
3. All Partner Programs: Visit the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database to see and search through hundreds of partner programs.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Objective By the Sea 2019 – Apple Mac Security Conference (June 1-2)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.