Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 January 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, January 25, 2018:
9. Funding: Tigera, a Kubernetes-focused upstart that specializes in secure application connectivity, has raised an additional $10 million in funding to further improve secure application connectivity across all cloud environments. The company doesn’t have much of a partner program yet — but strategic partners are in place.
8. M&A – Security Training: HackerOne, a hacker-powered security platform, has acquired Breaker 101, an online web security course designed to educate the next generation of ethical hackers. The interactive content and coursework, now known as Hacker101, is available for free on GitHub.
7. Certification – Exams: ISACA has updated its CSX Practitioner Certification (CSXP) examination, including a transition to online, remotely proctored exams for greater scheduling and location flexibility around the globe, the association says.
6. Certification – Products: Aruba ClearPass has earned the Common Criteria certification for a network access control (NAC) solution, under both the Network Device collaborative Protection Profile and the Extended Package for Authentication Servers modules. Aruba, owned by HP Enterprise, is set to host the Aruba Atmosphere 2018 conference in March.
5. Microsoft Office 365 Security: Masergy has launched a fully managed Office 365 Security Monitoring service as part of its managed detection and response (MDR) platform, known as Unified Enterprise Security. It combines Microsoft’s built-in security analytics with Masergy’s threat intelligence, patented machine learning, and 24/7 incident response.
4. Ransomware Protection: Acronis, the backup and data protection specialist, has released Acronis Ransomware Protection — a free, stand-alone version of its unique AI-based Acronis Active Protection technology, which stops ransomware attacks in real-time and helps users to recover data without paying the ransom, the company claims.
3. AWS, Google Security: Amazon Web Services and Google parent Alphabet have both made significant cybersecurity moves. Indeed, Amazon acquired Sqrrl and Alphabet unveiled a security analytics service called Chronicle. Here’s a closer look at both moves, and their potential implications for MSSPs.
2. Intel Earnings & Security: Wall Street analysts will grill Intel executives on how the Meltdown and Spectre security vulnerabilities in its computer chips are impacting business when the company reports quarterly results today, Reuters notes.
1. MSSP Alert Quarterly Webcasts: We’ve locked down the schedule for our 2018 quarterly webcast series. Register now for one or all of the webcasts, which focus on:
- The MSP to MSSP Transition (March 15)
- MSP and MSSP Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner (June 14)
- Top 100 MSSPs for 2018 (Sept 13)
- Pricing Your Dedicated Managed Security Services for 2019 (December 13)
Each webcast is a live event with interactive attendee Q&A. Can’t make the live date? Register anyway since we’ll record each live event for your on-demand consumption. Thank You: Special thanks to MSSP Alert sponsors for backing the webcasts and the overall MSSP Alert media platform, which has grown every quarter since launch.