Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
9. Global Cybersecurity Funding Trends: Here’s the data…
8. U.S. vs Huawei: A probe by HSBC helped lead the U.S. to build its charges against Huawei’s CFO, Reuters reports.
7. Phishing Mitigation: Cofense Vision, a new solution for protecting organizational assets from phishing attacks, is now available. Users of Cofense Triage can already prioritize and understand phishing threats, the company says. With the addition of Cofense Vision, security operations center (SOC) and incident response (IR) teams can identify and quarantine all messages that made it into a mailbox and pose a threat with more speed and efficiency, the company asserts.
6. Endpoint Protection: SentinelOne has released Full Remote Shell capabilities, empowering security and IT operations teams methods to identify, assess and remediate endpoint attacks across the enterprise, regardless of the comprised endpoint’s location, the company claims.
5. Research – Cryptohacking vs. Ransomware: As the security community takes a stand against ransomware, hackers are seeing more ROI from cryptojacking, the 2019 IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence Index reveals.
4. Research – Cloud Security: Cloud-based business initiatives are accelerating faster than security organizations’ ability to secure them, a FireMon State of Hybrid Cloud Security Survey reveals.
3. SOAR: Swimlane, a provider of security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) software, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. Moreover, Swimlane will embrace the Microsoft Graph Security API. Users can now retrieve alerts from any provider and launch automated workflows from alerts to conduct data enrichment, obtain threat intelligence, remediate threats and perform complex incident response actions, Swimlane asserts.
2. MSSP Expansion: Incenter LLC, an MSSP that follows the NIST cybersecurity framework, has launched a technical operation center (Incenter TechOps) in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The secure facility has 42 employees, with room to support more than 50 employees per shift. The company manages 6,500 endpoints worldwide, servicing more than 19 billion events per month, Incenter says.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.