Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, February 28, 2019.
21. Massive Data Leak: This time, it’s Dow Jones…
20. Intel Security – Part One: SentinelOne’s endpoint protection technology is now integrated with Intel’s hardware-based Threat Detection Technology (Intel TDT). The result should be increased detection rates of cryptominer and advanced memory-based attacks.
19. Intel Security – Part Two: Eclypsium and Intel are pairing security capabilities coded into Intel silicon with advanced defenses against firmware threats.
18. Incident Response: Bay Dynamics‘ cyber risk and UEBA platform now integrates with IBM Resilient’s Incident Response Platform (IRP). The result: Security operations centers and incident responders can rapidly prioritize risks for investigation and trigger remediation workflows at the click of a button, the companies say.
17. M&A – Managed Detection & Response (MDR): CounterTack has completed its GoSecure acquisition. A new company name, GoSecure powered by CounterTack, signals the transition to a Cloud/SaaS security platform delivered by Managed Detection and Response (MDR), the company says. The CounterTack brand will remain as the platform name.
16. Funding – MDR: SecureSky, a managed detection and response (MDR) startup in an Omaha, Nebraska, has raised $6.5 million in seed funding.
15. Risk Analysis: SecurityScorecard has launched Atlas, a questionnaire and evidence exchange platform that enables enterprises to manage, complete, and analyze cybersecurity questionnaires and evidence-based internal security controls at scale. The result: Atlas gives a unified, 360-degree view into the risk posture of any company, using both internal and external security insights, SecurityScorecard claims.
14. SIEM Cloud Services: Exabeam has launched a SaaS-based version of its SIEM platform. The move could set the stage for smaller MSPs to more easily consume Exabeam’s SIEM tools for log dat and behavioral analytics to detect attacks and automate incident response.
13. Research – Threat Report: ZScaler’s 2019 Cloud Security Insights Threat Report reveals the rise of phishing attacks over encrypted channels.
12. Talent: Malwarebytes, the endpoint protection and remediation software provider, has hired Marketo veteran Greg Higham as CIO.
11. Mobile Threat Intelligence: Avast has launched apklab.io, a mobile threat intelligence platform (MTIP) designed to provide real-time intelligence for Google Android security researchers.
Continue to page two for items 10 to 1.