Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, June 28, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Accounting & Cyber Consulting: Accounting firm EisnerAmper has acquired CSAM Marketing (doing business as Computer Systems and Methods), a managed IT security services provider.
2. Data Breach – IT Solutions Provider: Hackers breached IT solutions provider PCM Inc. and stole Microsoft Office 365 administrative credentials for client accounts, according to Krebs on Security. PCM apparently discovered the breach in May 2019 — about a month before Insight Enterprises announced plans to acquire PCM for $581 million. It’s unclear if the breach was discovered as part of the due diligence M&A (merger and acquisition) process.
3. Talent – Healthcare MSSP: CynergisTek, a healthcare-focused MSSP, has named Carrie Whysall as director of managed security service. She’s responsible for executing strategic business initiatives and driving the company’s growth strategies across Vendor Security Management (VSM), Managed Security Service (MSS) and Medical Device Security. CynergisTek sold off its managed print services business to Veraco in March 2019 in order to focus purely on security.
4. Funding – Anti-Phishing: Clearedin has raised $4.75 million to eliminate phishing across email, Slack and other channels.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. AWS Support: Delta Risk, a Top 100 MSP that offers SOC as a Service, is working closely with Amazon Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs), enabling DevOps and security teams to detect threats faster, the company says.
2. AWS Integration: In a bid to improve application security, Fortinet has introduced FortiWeb Cloud WAF-as-a-Service on Amazon Web Services.
3. Cybersecurity Analytics: Elysium Analytics, a provider of cognitive cybersecurity analytics incubated by System Soft Technologies, has launched a global partner program in the threat hunting market.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.