Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, March 28, 2019.
9. Partnership – Palo Alto Networks: Integration Partners is now certified as a Nextwave MSSP Innovator — part of the Palo Alto Networks Managed Security Service Specialization. Integration Partners is also a Palo Alto Networks Platinum, Public Cloud as well as Traps Specialized, partner.
8. ICS Hacks: Nearly half of the industrial control system (ICS) computers protected by Kaspersky Lab were targeted by malware and other threats in 2018, according to the company’s latest industrial threat landscape report.
7. Video Surveillance: ABP Technology has launched MxMSP – a management and recurring revenue platform for integrators that sell MOBOTIX cameras. MxMSP allows integrators to manage video surveillance projects, lower installation and maintenance costs, provide end users video cloud storage, and offer customers a branded camera monitoring application that includes access to cloud recordings, analytics, IoT devices, and more, the company says.
5. Application Security Testing: Net SPI, a provider of application and network security testing solutions, has achieved a 50 percent year-over-year revenue increase in 2018 as it continued to expand its product line up, staff, clients and office locations.
4. Partner Program – Network Access Control: Portnox, a provider of network access control, visibility and device risk management solutions, has announced a global partner program for managed service providers (MSPs) and managed security service providers (MSSPs).
3. M&A: Bolton Labs today has acquired Philippines-based cybersecurity solutions firm, Phylasso Security. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A – Northern Europe: European cybersecurity company Nixu has acquired Danish Ezenta, a managed detection and response (MDR) service provider that grew 23 percent last year.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.