Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 September 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, September 28, 2018.
6. Ransomware Attack: The Port of San Diego was hit by a ransomware attack, though operations were not interrupted by the security incident.
5. Talent – Cyber Investments: Cisco Systems M&A veteran Karthik Subramanian has joined Evolution Equity Partners as partner and will lead investments in cybersecurity, enterprise software, IoT, cloud and analytics.
4. Network Security Research: ProtectWise has issued a State of Network Security report…
3. Funding: Darktrace has raised $50 million in Series E funding. The round was led by Vitruvian Partners. Previous investors KKR and TenEleven Ventures also participated, according to CrunchBase.
2. Recap – Continuum Navigate: Security was the main theme for MSPs at this week’s Continuum Navigate 2018 conference in Boston. CEO Michael George positioned security as the next mountain that MSPs must scale, but pointed to the talent shortage as a major inhibitor. Naturally, he sees Continuum Security and associated SOC services as a natural path forward for those MSPs. The strategy involves close working relationships with EventTracker, SentinelOne and Webroot. Our coverage is here on MSSP Alert and here on ChannelE2E.
1. On Our Radar: MSSP Alert will closely track cybersecurity partner news next week at FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2018, Cybereason Deep 2018 and Splunk Conference 2018. If you’ve got news to share from those gatherings please email me ([email protected]).