Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, March 29, 2019.
8. BlackBerry Cylance Momentum: BlackBerry gained momentum ahead of the Cylance acquisition, and expects to generate continued profitable growth in its current fiscal year, CEO John Chen said today.
7. Dark Web Monitoring: Secure Now! has released four enhancements to its breach prevention platform. The most anticipated addition to the Breach Prevention Platform is Dark Web Monitoring with real-time alerts, which allows MSPs to monitor the Dark Web within minutes, the company claims.
6. Funding – Fighting False Alerts: GreyNoise Intelligence, which eliminates false positives in security monitoring, has raised $600,000 in seed financing.
5. Partnership – SIEM: Zenith Systems is promoting LogRhythm’s NextGen SIEM Platform in South Africa.
3. M&A – Palo Alto Acquires Demisto: The buyout is now official.
2. M&A – MSSP Deal Canceled?: Tesserent has “paused” its $3.8 million acquisition of Asta Solutions and is exploring other “high-value” purchases in the cybersecurity sector, the company claims. Um… sounds strange.
1. Thank You: MSSP Alert’s readership in Q1 2019 grew roughly 90 percent compared to Q1 2018, thanks to folks like you. In fact, the site has grown quarter-over-quarter — each and every quarter — since launching in May 2017. We can’t thank you enough for visiting us daily, sharing news tips and providing feedback as we continue to build, expand and refine the world’s largest IT media site focused purely on Managed Security Services Providers.