Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
7. Docker Hub Breach: Docker is forcing password resets for roughly 190,000 account owners after the Docker Hub database suffered a breach.
6. Google Chrome Phishing Attacks: Looks like there’s a new phishing attack focused on Google Chrome browsers…
5. Funding – Security Operations: Red Canary, a provider of security operations solutions, has raised $34 million in a funding round led by global growth equity investor Summit Partners and joined by existing investors Access Venture Partners and Noro-Moseley Partners.
4. Integration – Bitdefender and ConnectWise: Bitdefender Cloud Security for MSPs features a new integration with ConnectWise Automate. ConnectWise partners can now more simply leverage Bitdefender Patch Management, Advanced Threat Security, and Endpoint Detection and Response. Bitdefender integrates with a numerous MSP software platforms. Similar, ConnectWise integrates with numerous cybersecurity options.
3. Hackers and Kaseya: More evidence that hackers are targeting legitimate MSP software tools to target end-customers….
2. Phishing Attack Nets $3.7 Million: A school district suffered a $3.7 million loss after falling victim to a phishing attack, according to Kentucky.com.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.