Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 January 2019
Here are items 10 to one.
10. Managed Edge Security: FirstLight, a provider of fiber-optic data, Internet, data center, cloud and voice services in the Northeastern United States, has launched Managed Edge Security Security services to customers.
9. Apple Security Challenges: For the average consumer, it’s nearly impossible to effectively report and escalate a security bug to Apple, this Wall Street Journal report suggests.
7. Rubrik’s AWS Data Leak: Rubrik is the latest storage company to misconfigure an AWS database, triggering a massive data exposure… Rival Veeam made a similar mistake and suffered a big data exposure in September 2018.
6. Microsoft Azure Firewall: Untangle’s NG Firewall is now available for Microsoft Azure, allowing customers and partners to run the firewall in Microsoft’s public cloud. Moreover, Untangle and Malwarebytes have partnered to give customers a single pane of glass for their mutual solutions.
5. Microsoft Office 365 Privacy Enhancements: Details are here.
4. AT&T Earnings and AlienVault: AT&T’s Q4 2018 quarterly revenues were weaker than expected. The company faces familiar challenges amid declines in legacy wireline services and wireless equipment. We’re checking to see if the company mentions the recent AlienVault cybersecurity acquisition during today’s earnings call.
3. M&A – Email and Data Security: Mimecast, an email and data security company, has acquired Simply Migrate, a provider of archive data migration technology. The acquired tools will allow customers to migrate more rapidly to Mimecast’s secure cloud, the company says.
2. Private Equity Funding – MSSP: Foresite, an Overland Park, Kansas-based MSSP, has received private equity funding from Elsewhere Partners to accelerate organizational growth, marketing development, sales, geographic expansion, and product development.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.