Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 August 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, August 31, 2018.
8. Germany Seeks Security Independence: Germany has formed a new agency to fund research on cybersecurity — and to end its reliance on digital technologies from the United States, China and other countries, Reuters reports.
7. Botnet Research & Trends: Everything you want to know about Botnets and security trends is likely right here — care of Kaspersky Lab’s research.
6. PCI Compliance for SMBs: ControlScan, which develops managed security and compliance solutions for networks and payment card data, has extended its SecureEdge platform with Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Essentials for small businesses.
5. Security Training: Facebook and Texas A&M University-San Antonio are partnering to offer cybersecurity training. Facebook developed an online program with Codepath.com in 2017 that will be taught at the school by Texas A&M faculty, according to Texas Public Radio.
4. Small Business Network Security: Netgear has launched an Insight Managed Security router — known as the Insight Instant VPN Business Router (BR500). It allows small businesses to offer secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) access anywhere in the world. This new router is also designed to interconnect up to three offices as if they were connected locally, regardless of their geographical location, Netgear says.
3. Endpoint Protection & Analytics: Sumo Logic machine data analytics platform now integrates with SentinelOne platform. The result: Sumo Logic partners and customers can leverage SentinelOne’s endpoint protection directly through the Sumo Logic platform to prevent, detect, and undo known and unknown threats in real time, the companies say.
2. Penetration Testing Tool: A new open-source penetration testing tool called Firework, allows pen testers to collect sensitive data by tricking their targets into opening Microsoft WCX files, according to Dark Reading.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our September webcast. Register now to join us.