Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, May 31.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – MSSP: BlueVoyant, a fast-growing MSSP, has raised more than $80 million in Series B funding.
2. M&A – Threat Intelligence: Insight Partners has acquired threat intelligence provider Recorded Future, which helps MSSPs and SOC (security operations center) analysts to more effectively manage and resolve cybersecurity alerts. T
3. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Sophos has unveiled Intercept X for Server with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). The result: IT managers and MSPs can investigate cyberattacks against servers, the partner-friendly company says.
4. AWS Database Security: McAfee has unveiled McAfee Database Security for Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS). The offering provides real-time visibility into database activity, including local privileged user access and offers the ability to monitor and thwart attacks from within the database, the companies claim.
5. Cyber Training: Cyberbit Range, a cybersecurity training and simulation platform, now features “virtual instructor functionality and new training content that enables enterprises and academic institutions to deliver a richer, more personalized, and scalable training experience to cybersecurity practitioners and students,” the company asserts.
6. Cyberattack – Pennsylvania: Luzerne County of Pennsylvania, has hired an outside computer security firm to help recover from a cyber attack that crippled the county courthouse computer system, this report says.
7. Cyberattack – Fast Food: Checkers Drive-In Restaurants revealed that a data breach possibly affected customers at more than 100 of its Checkers and Rally’s locations, Security Boulevard notes.
B. MSSP Partner Programs & Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Risk Management: DVV Solutions, a provider of third-party risk management (TPRM) and IT security services, has partnered with NormShield, a provider of standards-based external cyber risk assessment and mitigation recommendations. DVV Solutions customers will now have the capability of assessing, measuring and mitigating cyber risk associated with their suppliers and third parties, the companies say.
2. Updates Welcome: Got something to share? Send me your partner program updates – [email protected].
3. All Partner Programs: Visit the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database to see and search through hundreds of partner programs.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Objective By the Sea 2019 – Apple Mac Security Conference (June 1-2)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5)
- Join Us: Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.