Managed Security Services Provider News: 02 August 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, August 2, 2018.
6. Hackers Breach U.S. Utilities — Again: The latest evidence is here.
5. Momentum Part One: Cloud-based security and compliance specialist Qualys says revenues for the second quarter of 2018 increased 23 percent to $68.2 million compared to $55.3 million for the corresponding quarter in 2017.
4. Momentum Part Two: Fortinet’s revenue reached $441.3 million for the second quarter of 2018, up 21 percent compared to $363.5 million in the corresponding quarter of 2017. The company recently updated its partner program to more closely align MSSPs with overall partner activities.
3. Talent – Network Detection and Response: ProtectWise has named former RSA CEO Art Coviello to the company’s Advisory Board.
2. Risk Management: Agio, a provider of managed IT and cybersecurity solutions for the financial services, healthcare and payments industries, has launched a Vendor Risk Program — a service to address enterprise vendor management cybersecurity and compliance.
1. Talent – SOCs: Arctic Wolf Networks, the security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service company, has hired Marty Sanders as the company’s first chief security services officer.