Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 20 October 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, October 20, 2017:
8. Security Spending: Worldwide spending on security-related hardware, software, and services will reach $119.9 billion in 2021, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.6 percent from 2016. Moreover, spending in those areas will reach $83.5 billion in 2017, up 10.3 percent from 2016, IDC says. Even if you doubt the specific dollar figures… can we all agree that security spending will go from huge to ginormous?
7. DDoS Protection: Arbor Networks Inc., the security division of Netscout, has launched DDoS protection appliance suite for SMB customers. We’ll share more details today. DDoS protection is one of the most overlooked services that MSSPs can offer, according to our Top 100 MSSPs list and research report for 2017.
6. Talent: Unisys has named Jonathan Goldberger as VP of the company’s global security business. Goldberger previously was director of advanced security systems at Cisco.
5. SD-WAN Security: MegaPath has integrated its Managed SD-WAN service with Fortinet technologies to offer multi-layered security solution that safeguards business networks and information assets, the companies say.
4. Cyber Insurance Payout: Insurers could pay $275 million to cover the insured portion of drugmaker Merck & Co’s loss from a cyber attack in June, according to a forecast by Verisk Analytics Inc’s Property Claim Services (PCS) unit, Reuters reported. We’ll share more thoughts soon…
1. How to Build/Partner for a SOC: MSPs moving into the MSSP market face a big inflection point — should you build a SOC (Security Operations Center) or partner to plug into existing SOC services? Register now for our December 14 webcast to get the answers.