10 Most Read MSSP and Managed Security News Stories: Week Ended 02 June 2022
This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. SureFire Raises $10M for Incident Response: Surefire Cyber emerges from stealth with $10 million in Series A funding & offers an incident response platform for cyber insurers, brokers & law firms.
9. U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Ransomware Perspectives: A report — titled “Use of Cryptocurrency in Ransomware Attacks, Available Data and National Security Concerns” — outlines 11 cybersecurity recommendations.
8. Russia Cyberattacks vs. Ukraine – The Timeline: A day-by-day look at Russia’s kinetic and cyber war vs. Ukraine.
7. What Broadcom-VMware Deal Means for Carbon Black MSSPs: Here’s what the Broadcom-VMware M&A deal may mean for MSSPs & security-driven MSPs that run VMware Carbon Black endpoint security software.
6. Top 40 MDR Service Providers: Our annual look at leaders from the world of managed detection and response (MDR) services.
4. Microsoft MSDT Zero Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Office RCE ‘Follina’ MSDT attack vector details, and Zero Day mitigation strategies for MSSPs & security-driven MSPs.
3. Lacework Layoffs: Lacework, a cloud security platform for AWS, Microsoft Azure & Google Platform, cuts staff, accelerates path to profits & continues MSSP engagements.
2. Hanesbrands Ransomware Attack: Hanesbrands — owner of Hanes & Champion clothing businesses — hires cybersecurity forensic firm to investigate May 24 ransomware attack.
1. Cybereason Layoffs: Cybereason staff cuts reflect weak demand for IPOs (initial public offerings). Security company must control costs while competing vs. CrowdStrike, SentinelOne.