10 Most Read MSSP and Cybersecurity News Stories: Week of 08 October 2021
This week’s 10 most read cybersecurity stories, research topics and guest blogs on MSSP Alert involved these items:
10. Colonial Pipeline Ransomware Attack Timeline: Investigation & recovery updates involving DarkSide Ransomware, FireEye, CISA, FBI, the Biden administration & more.
9. The Value of a Single Vendor Security Relationship: How a single-vendor system can help MSSPs to improve threat hunting speed, accuracy and simplicity, according to WatchGuard.
8. New Cooperative Ransomware Attack Timeline: The BlackMatter ransomware attack vs. New Cooperative: A timeline & status updates involving agriculture supply chain cyberattack & malware incident.
7. M&A – MSSP and Fortinet Partner Acquired: 11:11 Systems, backed by private equity, acquires Green Cloud Defense — a Top 250 managed security service provider & cloud IaaS company that supports 700 MSP partners.
6. Top 40 MDR Security Companies: A look at the major providers of managed detection and response (MDR) security services worldwide.
5. Mandiant Finalizes Rebrand, Hires Channel Chief: McAfee Enterprise gains the FireEye brand, as Mandiant marches forward under its own name. Key moves include hiring BeyondTrust, Proopoint and SentinelOne veteran Dee Dee Acquista as VP of channel sales for the Americas.
4. Free Ransomware Risk Assessment Tool: Free Qualys service offer discovers vulnerabilities, and links to automated patch management services.
3. McAfee Enterprise-FireEye Products Merger: The merger, backed by STG private equity, must engage properly engage and reward MSSPs & MSPs amid EDR, MDR & XDR competition.
2. Top 250 MSSPs for 2021: See this year’s entire list of the world’s top managed security services providers.
1. DDoS Attacks and Ransomware Target VoIP Service Providers: DDoS attacks hit multiple VoIP service providers — including Bandwidth, VoIP.ms, Voip unlimited & Voipfone. Here’s how MSSPs can mitigate DDoS attacks.