10 Most Read MSSP and Managed Security News Stories: Week of 08 April 2022
This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. LockBit Ransomware Attack Costs CRM Services Provider Over $42M: Atento, a CRM services provider, experiences $42.1 million in financial losses due to a LockBit ransomware attack dating back to October 2021.
9. BlackBerry CEO Emphasizes Cylance Cybersecurity Brand: BlackBerry will share Cylance channel partner updates within 90 days, CEO John Chen says. Hiring McAfee’s John Giamatteo begins to pay dividends.
8. MSSP M&A List: A look at 100 MSSP mergers and acquisitions — including the buyers, the sellers & private equity investors.
7. Top 250 MSSPs: Our annual look at the world’s top managed security services providers.
6. Lapsus$ Cyberattack Victims List … And Arrests: Even after some arrests, the Lapsus$ hacker group remains active. Here’s the hit list so far…
5. Oliver Wyman Acquires Booz Allen’s Middle East Cybersecurity Business: Meanwhile, Booz Allen Hamilton has $3.5 billion to $4.5 billion budget that “prioritizes strategic acquisitions” in cybersecurity & more through 2025.
4. Four Ways MSSPs Are Increasing Their Margins With Next Generation SOAR: Security automation & orchestration platforms have existed for some time. But the arrival of next-generation SOAR is attracting the most MSSP interest. Here’s why.
3. Airiam Acquires, Merges Five MSPs and MSSPs: Purchases include ransomware incident response, XDR, SIEM, SOAR and SOC (Security Operations Center) capabilities.
1. Russia-Ukraine War & Cybersecurity Updates: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine features alleged cyberattacks. Follow this Russia-Ukraine conflict timeline for cyber & kinetic warfare updates, and guidance for MSSPs worldwide.