PCI Compliance Pact: SecurityMetrics, Wireless Zone Partner
With the partnership, Wireless Zone’s 375 franchisees can leverage SecurityMetrics’ PCI compliance and data security solutions to guard against cyberattacks and data breaches, the companies said.
SecurityMetrics’ PCI compliance solutions protect businesses and their customers against payment card theft and fraud, the company stated. These solutions include:
- External and internal vulnerability scanning.
- Mobile device security.
- Penetration testing.
- Privacy and security training.
SecurityMetrics also provides a variety of data security offerings, such as:
- PANScan: Locates unencrypted credit card data on business networks that can be securely deleted or encrypted at any time.
- Perimeter Scan: Identifies external network vulnerabilities, including misconfigured firewalls and malware hazards.
- SecurityMetrics Mobile: Detects mobile security vulnerabilities, safeguards mobile devices and protects mobile data against cyber threats.
- SecurityMetrics Vision: Scans for vulnerabilities across business networks and notifies end users any time a vulnerability is discovered.
SecurityMetrics has performed security tests across more than 1 million systems. It employs forensic, penetration testing and audit teams to help organizations identify cybersecurity best practices and comply with data security mandates.
MSSPs and PCI Compliance
A growing list of MSSPs and technology vendors offer PCI-focused security solutions, particularly to retail customers. Example developments include:
- Netsurion partnered with Lucas Systems to protect point of sale (POS) retail systems & networks.
- Anitian, a Top 100 MSSP, offers this PCI compliance advice.
- ControlScan, an MSSP, added PCI Data Security Essentials to its SecureEdge technology platform.
- CyFlare, a Top 100 MSSP that offers security operations center (SOC) capabilities to VARs, launched a PCI compliance solution that allows businesses to monitor network traffic & ingest cloud services logs.