Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
But this week, we’re blogging live from RSA Conference 2019 in San Francisco. Several of the updates below surfaced at the massive security event.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
24. NSA Changes Direction?: The National Security Agency has stopped using a surveillance program in recent months that relied on bulk data collected from US domestic phone records, according to a Republican congressional official, CNN reports.
23. Apple Security Patents: Apple has acquired security patents from LightHouse. The move may signal a deeper Apple push into home security solutions.
21. Talent: CyberArk has hired Palo Alto Networks veteran Rich Wenning as vice president of North American sales and Nuance Communications veteran Clarence Hinton as senior vice president of corporate development.
20. Penetration Testing – Part One:Tripwire has launched penetration testing and industrial cybersecurity assessment services.
18. Threat Hunting: Fidelis Cybersecurity has upgraded Fidelis Elevate, a platform upgrade that allows organizations to collect network and endpoint metadata. The resulting context provides real-time and retrospective analysis for detection, threat hunting, and response across on-premise, cloud and hybrid environments, the company says.
17. Endpoint Protection:Alert Logic has added extended endpoint protection capabilities to its cyber platform. The latest enhancements include:
log collection and search for Office 365
Microsoft Azure Event Hubs integration
user behavior anomaly detection for Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments; and
dark web scanning.
Alert Logic’s goal: Help customers to gain enhanced visibility across environments and workloads, without requiring those customers to purchase a SIEM tool.
16. Research: Sophos has released a range of research and findings, including:
15. Endpoint Behavioral Analytics:BlackBerry Cylance has unveiled CylancePERSONA, a proactive endpoint behavioral analytics solution. It combines continuous biometric behavior and user conduct monitoring designed to identify suspicious users in real-time to prevent compromises, the company says.
14. Partnership:AttackIQ and BlackBerry Cylance are partnering to ensure customers can validate that their endpoint security solutions are deployed correctly and conﬁgured optimally.
13. SIEM Part One: RSA has upgraded RSA NetWitness, a SIEM platform that features enhanced machine learning models to detect anomalies in user’s behavior and uncover evolving threats.
12. SIEM Part Two:ManageEngine has introduced user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) into its SIEM solution, Log360. With score-based risk assessment, threat corroboration, anomaly detection powered by machine learning, and other new capabilities, the Log360 UEBA add-on helps security professionals identify, qualify, and investigate internal threats and anomalies, the company says.
11. Distribution – Breach Detection & Response: Exclusive Networks has partnered with Guardicore to help customers improve micro-segmentation, and real-time breach detection and response capabilities across North America.
Continue to page two of two for items 10 through one.