Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. AWS re:Invent 2019 News: Plenty of cybersecurity, endpoint protection, identity and access management (IAM) and data protection news will surface at this week’s AWS re:Invent 2019 conference in Las Vegas. Track all the AWS re:Invent 2019 news here.
2. AWS – Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part One: CloudKnox Security now integrates with AWS IAM Access Analyzer, a new capability from Amazon Web Services (AWS) that analyzes resource policies to help administrators and security teams protect their resources from unintended access.
3. AWS – Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part Two: Alert Logic announced the first of several planned integrations with newly-launched AWS IAM Access Analyzer. The integration helps partners, administrators and security teams to protect resources from unintended access.
4. AWS – Container Security: Threat Stack now supports AWS Fargate.
5. AWS – Linux, Windows Server Cloud Security: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) launched a new Department of Defense (DoD) STIG compliant CIS Benchmark and Hardened Image for IBM’s RHEL 7 on AWS. Also, CIS introduced several new Hardened Images for Microsoft Server 2019.
6. Talent – Network Security: AlgoSec has named Chris Thomas a chief revenue officer (CRO), and Ilan Erez as chief financial officer (CFO) and general manager.
7. Threat Intelligence Software: SophosLabs Intelix, a cloud-based threat intelligence and analysis platform that enables developers to build more secure applications, is now available, the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Industrial Infrastructure Security: Nozomi Networks is collaborating with IBM Security to answer growing demand for effective, integrated IT and OT cybersecurity services and solutions. Customers will gain converged network visibility, non-intrusive monitoring, continuous threat detection and intelligent OT threat hunting capabilities, the companies say.
3. Reseller – Certificate Authority: Impression is now a GlobalSign Certified Regional Partner (CPR) in Johannesburg, South Africa. Customers gain access to GlobalSign’s Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service.
4. Distribution: Synnex has agreed to distribute Vade Secure‘s email security solution for Office 365, which protects customers from targeted phishing, spear phishing, malware, and ransomware attacks. Vade Secure investors include former Datto CEO Austin McChord.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.