Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 08 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding: More news expected later this week…
3. Partnerships – SOAR: Multiple partners have lined up to support and/or offer ThreatConnect’s Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) software platform. Key partners to know include HYAS and ProtectedIT.
4. Partnership – Application Workload Protection: GuardSight, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, cybersecurity operations as a service (SECOPS), and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has partnered with K2 Cyber Security, a workload protection specialist. The alliance expands the GuardSight offering by securing its customers’ web applications and container workloads against sophisticated attacks, including OWASP Top 10, memory-based, and zero-day attacks, the two companies say.
5. Mobile Security: MobileIron has announced multi-vector mobile phishing protection for Apple iOS and Google Android devices. MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) now offers on-device and cloud-based phishing URL database lookup to detect and remediate phishing attacks across all mobile threat vectors, including text and SMS messages, instant messages, social media and other modes of communication, MobileIron asserts.
6. Ransomware Attacks Texas Government: Hackers attacked the Sheriff’s Office for Cooke County, Texas, over the July 4th weekend, apparently stealing some of the law enforcement agency’s data in the process, GovTech reports.
7. Research – Cloud Security Incidents: Nearly three quarters (70%) of organizations experienced a public cloud security incident in the last year – including ransomware and other malware (50%), exposed data (29%), compromised accounts (25%), and cryptojacking (17%), according to The State of Cloud Security 2020 from Sophos,. Organizations running multi-cloud environments are greater than 50% more likely to suffer a cloud security incident than those running a single cloud.
8. Security Awareness Training – MSPs: VIPRE has launched VIPRE Security Awareness Training (SAT). Each VIPRE Security Awareness Training course features content that teaches users to keep security top of mind in everything they do. VIPRE SAT Manager is designed for MSPs and offers partners the option to choose from Essentials, Advanced or Enterprise level packages or to curate a custom solution from the full library of courseware that best fits their client’s needs, the cybersecurity software provider says.
9. Talent – Breach Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has named Mark Bagley as VP of product. In this role, Bagley will define and prioritize AttackIQ’s product and service offerings for partners and customers.
10. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Xage Security has introduced a new universal Multiple-Factor Authentication (MFA) offering for OT and IoT use cases.
11. Threat Intelligence – Free Threat Feed: Delve Labs has released a free, public vulnerability threat feed that identifies vulnerabilities that are likely to have an exploit published in the near future, and also identifies vulnerabilities that are closely related to security topics trending in the community.
12. Partnership – Cyber Risk Management: Axio, a cyber risk management SaaS company, has partnered with cybersecurity consulting firm Archer. The partnership will merge Archer’s expertise in critical infrastructure protection with the Axio360 platform and allow clients to measure cyber risk exposure in financial terms and manage their cybersecurity program from a holistic point of view, the duo says.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar