Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Big MSSP For Sale: Will Trustwave get a new owner?
2. Cisco Acquires Kenna Security: MSPs and MSSPs gain vulnerability management tools.
4. Funding – Security Investigation Technology: Query.AI, which develops a security investigations control plane for enterprises, has raised $4.6 million in seed funding from ClearSky Security, DNX Ventures, and South Dakota Equity Partners.
7. Partnership – Security Automation: Swimlane and Elastic have partnered to “help global security teams break down silos in their security processes, and provide a force multiplier to security operations teams that are perpetually overwhelmed,” the two companies assert.
8. Rapid7 Supply Chain Attack: Here are the latest details about the Rapid7 Codecov security incident are here.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar