Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Momentum – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): eSentire, a Top 20 MDR provider and Top 200 MSSP, has generated nine consecutive quarters of year-over-year growth. Moreover, eSentire pointed to “nearly 100-percent growth,” though the company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures. CEO Kerry Bailey continues to position eSentire as a next-generation MDR provider that disrupts “legacy MSSPs.” eSentire has developed its own intellectual property (called Atlas), employs its own 24×7 threat hunters, and also works closely with CrowdStrike and VMware Carbon Black.
2. MSSP Rebrands: Si Consult has rebranded its company as SecurityHQ.
3. Vertical Market MSP: RigNet, an MSP focused on mission critical network connections and remote customer locations such as oil rigs, has upgraded its Cyphre cybersecurity platform. The Cyphre platform delivers military-grade cybersecurity to protect against cache-memory side channel attacks caused by widespread vulnerabilities in computer firmware and the use of operating system memory, RigNet asserts.
4. Talent – Global Channels: CyberArk has hired Qlik, Veeam and HP veteran Chris Moore as VP of global channels.
5. Talent – Security Operations Automation: Ivanti has hired BMC and SAP veteran Nayaki Nayyar as EVP and chief product officer (CPO).
6. Cisco Endpoint Security: The networking giant is touting Cisco AMP for Endpoint — Premier Edition…
7. Phishing Breaches – Settlement: Iowa Health System, doing business as UnityPoint Health, has reached a proposed $2.8 million settlement with the millions of patients impacted by two phishing-related data breaches in 2017 and 2018, Health IT Security reports.
8. Government Cybersecurity: Cyemptive Technologies has unveiled Cyemptive Compliancy Cloud (CCC), a new platform designed to ensure Department of Defense (DOD) Supply Chain Providers can quickly meet the upcoming certification requirements of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
9. Partner Program: Axio, a cyber risk management SaaS company, has launched the Axio360 Partnership Program. The company’s first strategic partnership involves Net Friends, a provider of small business IT strategy and security services.
10. Identity and Access Management: IDology, a GBG company, is integrating its ExpectID identity verification and anti-fraud solution with the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) External Identities.
11. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Kaspersky has launched an integrated EDR platform that spans Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business with Cloud Management Console, Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum (EDR Optimum) and Kaspersky Sandbox.
12. Integration – Threat Intelligence: ThreatQuotient now integrates with Intel 471, a provider of cybercrime intelligence for intelligence, security and fraud teams. Customers and partners gain “real-time insight into existing and emerging threats within the cybercriminal underground.”
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar