Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SentinelOne IPO?: The plan could involve a $10 billion valuation for the endpoint security software provider…
2. Funding – Cybersecurity Asset Management: Axonius has raised $100 million in Series D funding. The round was led by Stripes, a New York-based growth equity firm. Existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP), OpenView, Lightspeed and Vertex also participated in the round.
3. Partner Program Momentum: In addition to the new funding (item 2 above), Axonius said its partner program, launched in April 2020, now spans 70 partners worldwide. Partners now drive more than 50% of new Axonius business. Also, 60% of company revenue in Q3 and Q4 of 2020 came through channel partnerships.
4. SOC as a Platform: Comodo has launched security operations center (SOC)-as-a-Platform (SOCaaP), capabilities for partners such as MSPs, MSSPs, ISPs and telcos.
5. MSSP and Open Source SOAR: Infopercept, an MSSP that recently launched an integrated cybersecurity platform, will allow its senior personnel to contribute to Shuffle, an open source platform focused on SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response).
6.Partner Program – SIEM: It looks like Exabeam, a SIEM (security information and event management) software provider, continues to expand its partner program for MSSPs and MDR service providers…
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar