Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Updated – Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Cyberattacks: Here are the latest details for MSPs and MSSPs that are seeking to safeguard customers from cyberattack fallout.
2. Updated – Russia-Ukraine Conflict Impacts IT Services: Here’s how Russia’s invasion of Ukraine could impact outsourced IT services worldwide.
3. Daxin Malware Alert: The Symantec threat hunting team, part of Broadcom Software, provides details about the Daxin Malware group here.
5. U.S. Government Data Protection: Acronis SCS, positioned as an American cyber protection company, has launched the launch of Acronis SCS Cyber Protect Cloud to help MSPs protect U.S. government agencies from cyberattacks. Roughly 19 MSPs and cloud distributors have embraced the platform. Although Acronis SCS has founding roots that stretch back to Russia, the company is now based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Acronis SCS CEO John Zanni explained the company’s focus and business strategy in a 2019 ChannelE2E interview.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar