Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP Growth: High Wire Networks Inc.’s Overwatch Managed Security division reported a 22 percent increase in monthly recurring revenue (MRR) and a 41 percent boost in total contract value (TCV) month over month from June to July 2021, the company says.
2. Microsoft MISA – MSSPs and ISVs: Darktrace, an autonomous cybersecurity AI company, has joined MISA (the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. MISA is an independent ecosystem of software vendors, MSSPs and MDR (managed detection and response) security service providers that have integrated their solutions to better defend partners and customers from cyberattacks, Microsoft says. The overall MISA organization as of July 2021 spanned 246 member companies — up from 133 in 2021 and 57 in 2020.
3. Penetration Testing Services: Red Sentry‘s new pentesting platform allows companies to automate their penetration tests and run them continuously, the company says,
4. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) – Asia: CyCraft Technology has launched X-SOC. The new security platform allows MSSPs to deliver MDR reporting to endpoints while maintaining CyCraft’s vision of keeping cybersecurity “fast, accurate, simple and thorough,” the company says. CyCraft, based in Taiwan, has been expanding in Southeast Asia—especially in Japan and Singapore, the company says.
5. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Anomali’s quarterly software update features XDR enhancements that allow customers to align global threat intelligence with organizational security goals; and extend visibility and integration over a wider range of threat information sources, the company says.
6. Security Operations: Red Canary‘s SaaS-based Security Operations Platform now features capabilities for identity-based threat detection, alert management, automation, and managed response, the company says.
8. Funding – Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): D3 Security has raised $10 million from Vistara Growth. D3 also has a $5 million credit facility from a major financial institution, raising the total funding to $15 million, the company said.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Integration: An Attivo Networks–Swimlane software integration combines Attivo’s deception technology with Swimlane’s automation platform. The result: Security operations teams gain the ability to stay ahead of would-be attackers by identifying attack methods before the attack reaches its intended target, the two companies say.
4. Partnership – MDR and XDR: The Kroll Responder MDR service leverages SentinelOne’s Singularity XDR platform and ActiveEDR powers the Kroll Responder MDR service to “accelerate investigations and response to ransomware and advanced attacks,” the two companies say.
5. Partner Program: RankedRight has launched the RankedRight Security Partner Program for MSPs, MSSPs and VARs.
6. SOCaaS on AWS: Arctic Wolf has selected Amazon Web Services (AWS) as its primary cloud provider to power Artic Wolf’s cloud-native security operations platform.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar