Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Free Cybersecurity Tools – Work From Home: The list of free offers continues to grow.
2. Work From Home Cyberattacks: Securonix shares research results and findings here.
3. Partnership – Endpoint Security: Automox, a cloud-native cyber hygiene platform provider, is now available in the CrowdStrike Falcon Store. CrowdStrike customers can now proactively reduce their endpoint attack surface by up to 80%, and dramatically reduce the alert fatigue caused by unpatched and misconfigured systems, Automox asserts.
4, Active Directory – Password Security: Enzoic has upgraded Enzoic for Active Directory. The software tool screens and identifies employees that are using compromised or weak passwords, helping organizations reduce insider risks from poor password hygiene, the company says.
5. SOAR Customer Support: Swimlane, a provider of security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) solutions, has announced an Immersive Customer Experience Program to assist customers with initial and long-term SOAR success.
6. Funding – Asset Management & Security: Axonius, which lets organizations manage and track the range of computing-based assets that are connecting to their networks — and then plug that data into some 100 different cybersecurity tools to analyze it — has raised $58 million in Series C funding led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, with previous backers OpenView, Bessemer Venture Partners, YL Ventures, Vertex, and WTI also participating in the round, TechCrunch reports.
8. Application Vulnerabilities: The Top 10 application vulnerabilities of 2019 were these, according to White HatHat Security.
9. Cyber Protection Research: Acronis offers these findings.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar