Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Funding – Open XDR as a Service: ReliaQuest has raised more funding. The specific dollar amount was not disclosed, but the company’s valuation is now more than $1 billion, ReliaQuest said.
3. Funding – Attack Surface Management: CyCognito has raised a $100 million Series C funding round led by The Westly Group. New investors Thomvest Ventures and The Heritage Group joined the round alongside existing investors Accel, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sorenson Ventures and UpWest.
4. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and the U.S. Government: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has worked with multiple federal agencies to select CrowdStrike as one of the major platforms to support the Executive Order (EO) endpoint detection and response (EDR) initiative, CrowdStrike indicated. Still, it’s a safe bet the multiple EDR vendors are winning business as part of the order, MSSP Alert believes.
5. Partner Program – Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): RedSeal has unveiled the Stratus Early Adopter Program, which provides select customers and prospects the opportunity to evaluate the company’s new SaaS-based Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) solution. On a related note, 41 percent of our Top 250 MSSP survey participants now offer CSPM to their end customers, MSSP Alert research found in September 2021.
6. Integration – Data Loss Prevention: Microsec.ai‘s agentless Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) has been integrated into the Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution from Broadcom. This partnership extends Broadcom’s Symantec DLP into public IaaS environments with a unified solution across the major public cloud infrastructure providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft’s Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and IBM Cloud, Microsec.ai indicated.