by Joe Panettieri • Mar 2, 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
1. Private Equity – Cybersecurity: After a brief delay, private equity firm Thoma Bravo has completed its buyout of cybersecurity firm Sophos. A major focus on MSP-centric deployments remains in place.
2. M&A and Cyber Due Diligence: It ain’t easy, according to a West Monroe Partners survey.
3. Ransomware Attacks Fortune 500 Firm: Emcor has suffered a ransomware attack, the $9 billion company has confirmed.
4. Ransomware Payment – Georgia: The City of Cartersville, Georgia, paid hackers $380,000 to recover from a ransomware attack, The Daily Tribune News reports.
5. Ransomware Payments – Total Cost: Ransomware victims paid attackers more than $140 million over the past six years to decrypt data, the FBI says.
6. Cisco SecureX Strategy: More details are here.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.