Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Updated – Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Cyberattacks: Here are the latest details for MSPs and MSSPs that are seeking to safeguard customers from cyberattack fallout.
2. Talent – MSSP: Talion, a Top 250 MSSP, has hired Patrick Fothergill as global head of marketing. Fothergill arrives roughly three months after Talion received a seven-figure investment from NPIF – Mercia Equity Finance.
3. Legislation – Critical Infrastructure Cyberattacks: The Senate unanimously passed legislation that would require critical infrastructure entities to report to the federal government when they are hacked, update the government’s information security hierarchy and codify the government’s primary cloud security certification program, SC Media reported.
5. Funding – Cybersecurity Posture Automation: Balbix has raised $70 million in Series C funding. The funds will be used to build out Balbix’s go-to-market capabilities and continued engineering investments to “address market needs across unified asset inventory, software bill of materials (SBOM), vulnerability management, cyber risk quantification, and security posture automation,” the company said.
6. Check Point Go-to-Market: Check Point Software Technologies has hired Rupal Hollenbeck to lead a new go-to-market organization. Also, Chief Customer Officer Dan Yerushalmi will retire from the security business later this year.
7. Momentum – Zero Trust: Illumio revenue growth grew more than 6o percent during the company’s fiscal year ending January 2022. Actual revenue and profit (or loss) dollar figures were not disclosed.
8. Application Security: Coalfire has launched application security solutions powered by Threadfix.
9. Utility Security: Fortress Information Security will make the Asset to Vendor (A2V) Library free to all utility companies. The central library contains information that “enables asset owners and suppliers to minimize the time and cost to process and assess the impact of cyber threats,” Fortress said.
10. Federal Government Security: Darktrace has formed Darktrace Federal, a new division to serve the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), the intelligence community, federal civilian agencies, and national critical infrastructure.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar