Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Global IT consulting firm Atos has launched an MDR service for the media and entertainment industry.
2. Secureworks Quarterly Results: For the third quarter of fiscal year 2022, Secureworks said:
- Overall revenue was $133.7 million, down 5.6 percent from Q3 of 2021.
- GAAP net loss was $12.9 million, compared with $3.6 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
- Revenue from the Taegis XDR platform was $23.9 million, up 161 percent from Q3 of last year.
The results highlight Secureworks’ ongoing shift from traditional MSSP services toward SaaS-based XDR services.
3. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Executive Leadership: HYPR, The Passwordless Company has named Bojan Simic as CEO, Roman Kadinsky as president and COO, and Jay Roxe as chief marketing officer (CMO).
4. Planned Parenthood Data Breach: Planned Parenthood Los Angeles filed a breach notice with the California Attorney General, notifying 400,000 patients that their data was exfiltrated during a weeklong hack launched by ransomware threat actors, SC Media reported.